Friday, January 19, 2007

Phnom Penh - Takeo by bike

A typical roadside "shop" making travelling easy as rarely more than 5-10km apart. Often put out a chair for me to sit on while having the drink I just purchased
Scene from handlebar height but no lunch in sight
finally some food - turned out to be frogs on a stick! (3 sticks for $1us
there is a really interesting temple building just out of shot!
fairly typical Cambodian rural scene
Market stall
Bananas I only wanted 1 but that was too ahrd to explain so I tried the bicycle, where do i carry them charade and the problem was solved by the saleslady.... i gave the bunch away to a family a few km down the road
road scenes - Takeo is the poorest province and farming is certainly the main living

3 comments:

dfginvietnam said...

Hi, I'm so glad I came across your blog! I'm currently living in Vietnam and planning to do a solo cycling trip in Cambodia. Any tips? Most of the info I find is either for couples or solo men; it would be great to get a female take on things!

Vonny said...

Hi there, soprry to take so long to rply as I dont visit the site much. Email me on freedomfriday@gmail.com if you are still interested. More than happy to help if I can. I live in china now so all my books and maps are in storage in Australia but I can probably still help you.

Vonny said...

Hi there, soprry to take so long to rply as I dont visit the site much. Email me on freedomfriday@gmail.com if you are still interested. More than happy to help if I can. I live in china now so all my books and maps are in storage in Australia but I can probably still help you.