Sunday, February 11, 2007

Freedom Friday

Friday is the name of a brand of folding Bike. I called mine Freedom as that is what you get when you can just take off! They come in many models, mine ( green) is the New World Tourer. I think the purple one from Alaska is a Gnu. Both were purchased in 2006 (mid year) and both being ridden by Yvonne.

They are made to measure in USA and easy to find on the www.bikefriday.com

A folding bike makes solo touring quite a bit easier.

Friday back at home in Adelaide (Sth Australia)
Just to prove it folds, take the front wheel off and put it in the touring bag and look - no bike!
Jason introduced me to Bike Fridays and convinced me they were good fun to ride. ( Mine was green first, his used to be black but green suits the concept endorsed by Grasshopper Adventures - low impact tourism)
Friday in the suitcase for airline travel
Local motodrivers "helping" me fold my bike Von assembling the "meccano bike"
Bike Friday disguised as luggage crossing from Cambodia to Thailand

Friday travelling - hotel rooms and boats and another border crossing ( Thailand to Laos)

No comments: