Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mekong Delta

Mekong backwaters from MyTho
Deep fried Elephant fish ( you eat it all)
me a top the big bridge ( yes there were drinks sellers and postcard sellers at the top too)
scenery
Friday on boat from CanTho floating market tour - we were put ashore later to ride on
Twilight boat ride
My guide insisted on taking this shot and i actually like it!





Mekong Delta Ride via My Tho, Can Tho, Long Xuyen then bus to Chao Doc as I was fed up with riding on the highway, very same same and long and hot and boring sort of. A disapointing ride as it follows the main roads rather than the back roads so I was happy to skip the last 53 km and the last day to push onto chau Doc to cross into Cambodia next day.



I did a few boat rides in the Delta, one from My Tho (dusk) and one at dawn from
CanTho to the floating markets. Features include the very big bridge, a couple of ferry crossings

1 comment:

Vonny said...

Why did I fail to mention that by catching the bus, i escaped the typhoon...that I didn't even know was about to hit! i can't read Vietnamese headlines.